Pages

Summer storms rolling in over the mountains

Summer storms rolling in over the mountains

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Letter



It's been so long since I've updated my blog! I apologize to my 10 readers. :-) I've been so concentrated on my other blog that this one has been thrown by the wayside. I thought as a great way to update you, I'd publish the Christmas letter I sent to all the Pi Phis. Kelsey (Callaway) Sundgren organizes a big mailing of Christmas letters among our pledge class so if you're not a Pi Phi, you wouldn't receive this so please enjoy!

I hope this letter finds all of you in the midst of a wonderful holiday season! I’m looking forward to reading all of your letters because, based on Facebook, it’s been a year of engagements, weddings, new home purchases and career changes!

Bryce and I will be celebrating two years together right before Christmas. Between February and July of this year, we were house shopping nearly every weekend and I think we looked at all the houses for sale in Denver. Finally, we found the perfect place and moved in to our downtown loft in mid-August. It’s a brick building across from Union Station and we love it. Henry gets along with Bryce’s two cats perfectly (although the same probably can’t be said for me) and loves living so close to the dog park.

We were so lucky to take a few fun vacations in 2011, starting with a four-day trip to Napa Valley in April. We loved wine tasting at sea level… you get to taste a lot more! In August, right after we moved, we left for the annual 10-day trip to Martha’s Vineyard. Hurricane Irene was there vacationing at the same time but after a windy first day, the storm blew over and we had sunny, 80-degree beach days for the rest of the trip.


The best trip of the year might have been Las Vegas. Bryce surprised me with the trip for my birthday (in July) but we waited until it cooled down and went in October. It was Bryce’s first time to Vegas so we saw the Blue Man Group and Cirque de Soleil and spent at least six hours playing Craps.


My job in social media marketing is going full-speed and I will have been with the same company for a year and a half this month. As a side project, I started a style blog and it has led to some really interesting marketing opportunities. You can check it out at www.eStyleChat.com. Leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by!

If you’re ever in Denver or up in the mountains skiing, I would love to see you! I finally said goodbye to my 913 phone number this year so you can now reach me at 720-402-4216.

Lots of love for a Merry Christmas and Happy 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sheep Herding

Sheep Herding
Graham is here to visit for the summer and he and Henry are um...coming to terms with each other.